Scrum is the most widely adopted framework for Agile development. It is a lightweight yet incredibly powerful set of values, principles, and practices to successfully deliver complex, innovative products and services that truly delight customers. Though scrum began as a way to develop software, it is currently used in a variety of industries across the globe.
Scrum relies on cross-functional teams to deliver products and services in short cycles, enabling:
- Fast feedback
- Quicker innovation
- Continuous improvement
- Rapid adaptation to change
- More delighted customers
pace from idea to delivery
- Understanding Customers and Users
- Why product discovery
- Segmenting customers and users
- Creating a shared understanding of customer needs
- Prioritizing conflicting customers’ needs
- Persona concepts and application
Validating Product Assumptions
- How to validate within Scrum Framework
- Validation methods and selection
Product Purpose and Strategy
- Create and describe Product Vision
- Product Strategy
- Roadmap and Release planning
- Define and measure value for products
- Models and techniques for prioritizing product features
Product Backlog and Product Goal
- Product backlog and its characteristics
- Product Backlog Item (PBI) and its characteristics
- User Stories
- Product Backlog Refinement – a powerful vehicle
- when, why and how
- Methods for slicing larger needs into smaller product backlog items
- Scrum Framework Introduction
- Scrum framework overview
- How to benefit from Scrum framework to build a fantastic product
- Agile estimation and release planning
Summary of Product Ownership
- Core competencies of a product owner
- Key benefits of Product Ownership
- Differentiating outcome and output
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Collaboration with developers
- Working with multiple Scrum teams
Next steps to be a great Product Owner
Anyone who enjoys (or wants to become more familiar with) the business side of projects can benefit from earning a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) class. CSPOs decide what the team will create, ordering the work to ensure that the most valuable, impactful products reach customers at a regular cadence.
The training will be beneficial to:
- Product owners or product owner candidates;
- Product and portfolio managers;
- Business representatives;
- Business experts;
- Executives, managers, support staff who are interested in improving product development through an in-depth hands-on workshop
As a Certified Scrum Product Owner, you have the opportunity to:
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors.
- Learn scrum essentials and the scope of the product owner role.
- Maximize the value of your team's work and the resulting products.
- Engage with a global community of agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement.
- Access resources designed to help you succeed long after the class is done.
What are the benefits of a Scrum Product Owner certification?
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified Scrum Product Owner’s role from the best minds in Scrum
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement
As a CSPO, you will be able to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. You will also have access to a 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance. Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources. In addition, CSPOs can use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Our CSPO course registration payment includes the following:
- The two-day (14-16 hour) training course with Evelyn Tian
- Training materials such as workbooks, presentations, and/or online resources as provided by your trainer.
- CSPO certification
This CSPO training based on practical knowledge; gives no-nonsense/ usable hints; is good entrance into SCRUM and PO duties. After the training I strongly overview my activities-actions as a Product Owner in current projects and also some of my behaviours in projects.
Highly professional, intense and therefore effective, opened to personal needs and questions. A result of this workshop, I plan to prioritise different products(=projects) in Product(s) Backlog, based on business value.
Materials and content was great. There was a lot of practical exercises in terms of games and simulations that I found beneficial.
Practical, useful. If you are thinking that you are good PO, take this course. This open your eyes.
Practical, interesting, visual.
Evelyn Tian is a coach, trainer and a keynote speaker of international conferences. Today her passion and dedication to teaching scrum has landed her a place on the board of Scrum Alliance Organisation.
She has close to 30 years of product development experience in telecom products, automotive industry, financial sectors and e-commerce products, with vast experience from product management, project management, system architect, software development, system integration and installation, and customer support. She can easily move between high-level strategic management discussions and detailed discussions on software craftsmanship.
Evelyn’s primary areas of interests include fostering a culture of software craftsmanship and helping organizations continuously improve through lean and agile. Tian believes that lean and agile enhance the way software is developed, products are implemented, and services are fulfilled.
Evelyn has built a lengthy track record and gathered deep insights in coaching organization transformation, agile leadership, product excellence and teams to unleash their potential. She previously was the Lean and Agile Head Coach of Ericsson, supporting the telecom giant's transformation initiatives.
With backgrounds in both electrical engineering and computer science, she has furthered her education in EMBA, psychology, and professional coaching as well. Evelyn is widely involved in the following external communities:
• Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software;
• speaks at and chairs conferences on Lean, Agile and product development;
• teaches at universities on Software Engineering;
• publishes and translates books and papers on Agile, Scrum, and Change Management;
2017 - Present Evelyn Konsult AB (Coach and Trainer)
2015 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Head of Global Transformation Support Center)
2009 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Lean and Agile Head Coach)
1996 – 2009 Ericsson Communications (Various roles from integrator, designer, system architect, project lead, and product manager)
Evelyn’s certifications with Scrum Alliance: