Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM)
This Certified ScrumMaster®(CSM) training class
is a two-day learning experience that provides participants with everything from understanding Agile values and principles to practical application of the scrum framework.
The training will be held in English by the internationally renowned Scrum trainer Evelyn TianP.S. If you buy from outside Estonia, VAT is not applicable. The correct price is shown on the last step of checkout.
Scrum is the most widely adopted framework for Agile development. It is a lightweight yet incredibly powerful set of values, principles, and practices to successfully deliver complex, innovative products and services that truly delight customers. Though scrum began as a way to develop software, it is currently used in a variety of industries across the globe.
Scrum relies on cross-functional teams to deliver products and services in short cycles, enabling:
- Fast feedback
- Quicker innovation
- Continuous improvement
- Rapid adaptation to change
- More delighted customers
- Accelerated pace from idea to delivery
- What exactly is Agile?
- Agile values, principles and mindset
- Relationship between Agile and Scrum
- Product Backlog
- Product goal
- Product backlog and its characteristics
- Product backlog item (PBI) and its characteristics
- User Story concept and writing exercises
- Product Backlog refinement: a powerful vehicle for interactive and incremental development
- Scrum Framework Overview
- Three accountabilities in Scrum
- Great anatomy of great ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Scrum Team
- Scrum events in a nutshell
- Everything in a Sprint
- Sprint Planning: set the goal for the sprint
- Sprint backlog and its characteristics
- Sprint goal
- Daily Scrum to inspect and adapt
- The Sprint Review: valuable feedback and collaboration with stakeholders
- Sprint Retrospective for continuous improvements
- Different scenarios during the sprint
- Increment and its characteristics
- Definition of Done (DoD)
- Experience Scrum framework
- Using Scrum framework to build our in-class product
- Agile estimation and release planning
- Working with multiple teams
- ScrumMaster’s competence
- Services to Product Owner, Development Team and Organization
- Introduction to Agile facilitation and Agile coaching
- Next steps to be a great ScrumMaster
Scrum is applicable across industries and potentially cross-functional teams, so in addition to product development professionals, marketers, data scientists, HR representatives, and other professionals looking for a better way to solve complex problems are encouraged to attend.
The training will be beneficial to:
- ScrumMasters or ScrumMaster candidates
- Developers, testers, analysts, designers, and all members of product development teams
- Managers, support staff who want to understand Scrum framework and ScrumMaster role through an in-depth hands-on workshop
who wants to build an in-depth introduction on Agile and Scrum
Not sure if you should take the CSM or CSPO course? Take this short self-assessment to find out which certification path is best for you.
Considered the gold standard of certification, the Scrum Alliance CSM course is an interactive and engaging learning experience. Taught by Evelyn Tian, our passionate trainer with rich hands-on experience from the coaching trenches, our CSM class is an excellent learning opportunity to help students start and boost their learning journey towards Agile and Scrum.
Whether you want to serve as a ScrumMaster, are adopting Scrum, or just need the tools to be more agile, our Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is the right place to start. You’ll gain a solid understanding of Scrum and learn practical ways to apply it on your team and throughout your organization.
Our CSM workshop gives you hands-on skills that you can immediately apply in the real world and expand your career opportunities. Once you complete the course, you will have everything you need and more, to take and pass the CSM exam.
The first step toward earning certification is to take a CSM course with a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) such as this course here.
After completing the course, you can take a test on the Scrum Alliance website where you will need to correctly answer 37 of the 50 questions. Once you've passed your test, you will earn CSM certification.
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum
- Engage with a community of recognised Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement
As a CSM, you will be able to excel at work as a ScrumMaster or a Scrum team member. Through the certification workshop, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the Scrum framework, including roles, activities, and artefacts, and experience Scrum framework during the workshop.
With your CSM certification, you will also have access to a 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance. Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources. In addition, CSMs can use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Your CSM course registration payment includes the following:
- The two-day (14-16 hour) training course that will teach you about the scrum framework and how to become a successful scrum master.
- Access to the CSM test and your Scrum Alliance certification account.
- A complimentary two-year membership with Scrum Alliance. Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources.
- Training materials such as workbooks, presentations, and/or online resources as provided by your trainer.
- In addition, CSMs can use a specially designed and internationally recognised badge to highlight their credentials (CSM certification test).
Evelyn is a great coach. She explains things in detail and has total knowledge on the subject. Her examples and the way of conducting the workshops is impeccable.
It was an interactive activity based workshop with extensive knowledge displayed by Evelyn having extremely professional calm demeaner.
Evelyn is very encouraging, and answers questions in a way easy to understand with examples. Evelyn helped each participant with obtaining good understanding of scrum, and I really loved the role play in class. Thank you.
Evelyn Tian is a coach, trainer and a keynote speaker of international conferences. Today her passion and dedication to teaching scrum has landed her a place on the board of Scrum Alliance Organisation.
She has close to 30 years of product development experience in telecom products, automotive industry, financial sectors and e-commerce products, with vast experience from product management, project management, system architect, software development, system integration and installation, and customer support. She can easily move between high-level strategic management discussions and detailed discussions on software craftsmanship.
Evelyn’s primary areas of interests include fostering a culture of software craftsmanship and helping organizations continuously improve through lean and agile. Tian believes that lean and agile enhance the way software is developed, products are implemented, and services are fulfilled.
Evelyn has built a lengthy track record and gathered deep insights in coaching organization transformation, agile leadership, product excellence and teams to unleash their potential. She previously was the Lean and Agile Head Coach of Ericsson, supporting the telecom giant's transformation initiatives.
With backgrounds in both electrical engineering and computer science, she has furthered her education in EMBA, psychology, and professional coaching as well. Evelyn is widely involved in the following external communities:
• Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software;
• speaks at and chairs conferences on Lean, Agile and product development;
• teaches at universities on Software Engineering;
• publishes and translates books and papers on Agile, Scrum, and Change Management;
2017 - Present Evelyn Konsult AB (Coach and Trainer)
2015 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Head of Global Transformation Support Center)
2009 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Lean and Agile Head Coach)
1996 – 2009 Ericsson Communications (Various roles from integrator, designer, system architect, project lead, and product manager)
Evelyn’s certifications with Scrum Alliance: